Everyday is Mother's Day

When scrolling through ThriftyFun's section for various tips, I noticed that there was a item for Mother's Day. I realize that holiday is a long ways away but it hit a soft spot in my heart. My mom is in a nursing home and had a stroke over 5 years ago. She is paralyzed on one side can't walk, talk, feed herself, bath herself, nothing.

But the worst part is that she doesn't even know me or the rest of family and friends that love her so dearly. And so my dear friends, please take my advice and be kind and loving every day to your mom, not just Mother's Day. In my opinion, Mother's Day should be every day.

By Joesgirl

By Anne H. (Guest Post)

Thanks Joesgirl, that is wonderful advice.

Mothers Day depresses me when I see my children spend money on gifts that I know they really can't afford. A $1 card means more to me than anything .The sweetest card that I ever got on Mothers day said "It takes someone special to be a single mom" and the contents described my life to a T --I knew my son had not just grabbed up the first card he'd seen but ACTUALLY READ what he was buying.