Rainbow Through the Lilacs

I love this picture, taken May 19th when the sun came out between the rainy times. It lasted very briefly but I am happy I caught it! My lilacs are blooming nicely now too and I am always looking to get that unusual picture!

The gardens are so lovely at this time. The peonies will be opening soon, tulips mostly gone. Bluebells still lasting but going too. We don't have very many hummingbirds this year either. Sure wonder what happened to them? We used to have about 50 and now maybe a dozen. Times and weather is changing it seems.

It was a nice winter but the cold nights after a sunny day, did kill back many large leafed shrubs, like the lavatera. I love gardening, and it's theraputic for me too with having fibromyalgia and arthritis, you forget the pain when you're out there, deadheading or finding a weed to pull, or just enjoying the way Nature can create things so beautiful! Enjoy the summer and sunny days!

Hugs,
By Betty from Cowichan Bay, BC

Betty this is such a gorgeous picture!! Thank you for sharing! God Bless you for finding wonderful things that blesses your life!!

Patty

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Love your lilacs -what a beautiful photo. I love my garden also - especially my tulips, but we got too warm too fast this year and they all bolted too quickly.

Thanks for sharing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I always make a wish when I see a rainbow!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a gorgeous photo and what a talented photographer you are. I love lilacs and I love rainbows.

Pulling weeds also makes me forget the old aches and pains for a while.

I heard some weeks ago that the hummingbird population is down this year, similar to honeybees. I hope it isn't true.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You are so right about chronic pain. Thanks for the lovely view.

Share this photo with your tourism bureau.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow! What a beautiful picture! Perfect timing.

Carole Ann Lee
Portland, Oregon

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How beautiful!
I just bought a lilac in memory of my Dad who died in January. His birthday was May 19th.
I may try to copy this photo for myself--thank you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful picture, thanks!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh I know where the hummingbirds went to my mother in law's farm. She used to get one to 3 birds a day at her feeder this spring she had to set out 2 more feeders and she is getting 20 birds at a feeder at one time!! We went there this Memorial Day weekend and were treated to this lovely sight and they would fly around her tree. The farm is in Missouri, USA and it sits in the Mark Twain National Forest. It is awesome at the farm the air, the views, the animals and nature and God really do create beauty for us. Other farmers near there have all put out extra for the little hummingbirds this spring.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A very beautiful picture!! You should make a calendar (you can do that @ Walgreens) and use that as one of your picture scenes! Great job!

Reply Like this photo? Yes