Paint One Side of Steps at a Time

Every time I paint steps, as soon as the steps have fresh paint, they are needed. It's like a "Murphy's Law" thing! Well, I have the solution. Paint half of the steps at a time, left side from top to bottom or vice-versa. Then, when they're dry, paint the other side. You can still use the steps without any interruption. I wrote "WET PAINT" on a piece of paper then moved it to the necessary side. Problem solved! Hope this helps someone. :)

By Missy from NE Ohio

Top Comment

Just remember to start on the top step so you don't have to walk over your work! LOL.

Top Comment

It worked great for me! I did not make a perfect cut off line in the center, therefore it blended perfectly! You can Not tell the sides were done at different times! I did more steps after that! Also if you are painting steps that have a slippery surface, sprinkle a few grains of sand onto fresh paint then lightly cover again with paint, this will make it a non slip surface. :)

Hmm, sounds so practical, I wonder why no one thought of it before?

Anonymous

Makes sense and a good idea but I did that once and, maybe it was the type and brand of paint and the surface being painted, it ended up you could tell it was done that way because of the overlapping paint in the center and had to end up painting the entire step to even it out anyway. The next time I painted a set of stairs I just did every other step at a time. ;-)

Anonymous

Hi Missy :-) I didn't make a straight like either but rather tried to feather off. Simply out of curiosity what kind of paint did you use and what kind of surface were you painting?