TravelTravel and Recreation

Recommended Las Vegas Shows

We are going to Las Vegas in late November for the first time and would like to take in some shows. I would like to know if anyone could recommend some shows. Do we have to book them before we go or are there usually tickets available? Any other attractions also that you have enjoyed. We will be going in the middle of the week which probably makes a difference in the availability of the shows. Thanks.

Pico from ST Paul, Alberta

If you're a member of AAA, contact the AAA while in the Las Vegas area and I know you'll be able to purchase tickets for some of their shows.

My husband and I were married in Vegas,25 years later we still enjoy going to Battistas Italian restaurant. I can't remember the name of the street but is just off the strip at the corner near the MGM Grand. Wonderful food and atmosphere.

We have been to Vegas several times the last few years. We have seen the Rat Pack which is at the Plaza, The Fab 4, Coasters, Drifters, & if you go to tickets4tonight or tickets2night there will be shows listed that you can get reduced rates on & these were on the list. Also have seen the foles begiere. Don't think there is to many bad shows out there. Just depends on what you like.

I am getting ready to go out for a week and was there this time last year. I highly recommend the Hoover dam bus tours, we did our first last year. You can search and buy them online, they run less than $50 each.

And yes, I already have my tickets for this year's dam trip. It's one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. How did I miss that all these years??

We recently went to see the Cirque du Soleil LOVE show at the Mirage. It was fabulous. The Mirage also has The Secret Garden, which is like a mini zoo. They have Siegried and Roy's tigers, gorgeous golden mane lions, 5 adorable tiger cubs, dolphins, alpacas, and some very pretty exotic birds. It was $15, which is a lot cheaper entertainment than the slot machines.