2004 Ford Ranger Heater Not Working

My 2004 Ford Ranger heating doesn't work. The coil does not leak. I have opened and closes the damper door manually. I have opened and closed the bypass valve under the hood, at different times while opening and closing the damper door. It still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

By firedog658 from Cleveland, GA

Best Answer

Best Answer

My husband has to remove the hoses and flush them out as trash accumaltes in them. When he does and fills the radiator back up my heater works great again. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Behind the glove box is a black box that controls the flap. The two front ones are easy to get to, but the back one you need small hands. Take a 10 mm wrench.

Anonymous

I think this is a question for your mechanic?