FlowersGardening

Do Morning Glory Blooms Open Multiple Times?

How many times does a morning glory flower bloom? I have one that has just one flower on it, and it opened just once. The next afternoon it fell off. Then I had one open yesterday morning, and now today it's not open. Am I doing something wrong, or does each flower only open once?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Wendi from Craigmont, ID

I don't know the answer to your question, but my late aunt had a beautiful morning glory vine in her yard, that was on a trellis. In the summer the whole vine was covered with flowers and it wasn't even in any real sunlight. It might have got a little early morning sunlight, but I know it never got much because they had a lot of big trees in their yard.

Morning glories bloom only once, in the morning then they close up and fall off. Fortunately, you should get quite a few blooms each day.

I average 10-20 daily. Where the bud falls off, you will see a seed pod in a few days. Save the seeds for next years planting.

Just sitting at mom's admiring her morning glories and I stumbled on this after googling how many times it blooms. mom was right...once.

Ok thanks for your reply. I was starting to think that they must only bloom once since it was happening every day. Thank you!