Fireplaces and StovesHome Improvement

Building A Ceramic Underlay For Stove

I want to build a ceramic underlay for an airtight stove that I purchased. I've never done ceramic tiles before, so could use some good help. Also, can I lay the tile on top of laminate flooring?

Donna Marie from Canada

That would depend upon the condition of your laminate floor and if your stove gets hot, you might need to lay down some sort of insulation to meet the fire code in your area. I'm all for do it yourself, but safety first and formost! Ask a professional, or some one at a HomeDepot or similar store in your area.

You might also try calling a place that would install it for you and ask them your questions. I work for a contractor and we get calls all the time from do it yourselfers who have questions.