Selling Used Books

I am looking to sell an entire library of books left behind in the house my husband and I purchased. How do I start the process and who might be interested in them? It is a very large variety, from antique encyclopedias to late novels.

By Debsbooks from Murrieta, CAa

You might try selling them in "batches" on Ebay. Try a box of mysteries or historical novels. Not too many per box for the sake of postage. You could also put them on amazon. I'm not sure how that works for sellers but I have bought a lot of books from them.

You could look under books in the phone directory. They may have a classification of old books under the books heading or you could, as I did, go to google and type in used book stores in Murrieta California.

There was a list of used book stores. I had some old books that I took to used book store. The owner knew a lot about books. Mine were not worth anything.

You should go through each book to see if money was left in any of them. Happens more than you'd think. Also I have heard of people finding important letters or even a " Deed "to property in one. Encyclopedia sets, no matter the age are worthless.( Our Library,Thrift stores will no long take them for FREE ) But you might find a first edition ( or classics ) among the books. Take the time to sort through all of them. If you can't sell them any other way have a yard sale, 25¢ for hard covers and 10¢ for paper backs are the going rate in CA. Good Luck.GG Vi

It is a good idea to go through each one to see if there is money. I used to hide money in my books all the time and would at times even forget about it.

As far as selling your books. Check for first editions (especially the older books, those with dust jackets in good condition are good too.) Right now eBay has a no-fee listing that you might try. Search to see what your book may be worth - or what others are asking for their copy.

You can also try used book stores to see what they will give you for your books.

I am messaging you with a question.

Here is a link that you can use to find out what your books are worth and where you can sell them. I use Amazon and Half. No complaints here.
www.bookfinder4u.com/isbn_search.html