FloorsCleaning

Nail Polisher Remover Stain on Tile

I am epileptic and had a seizure in the bathroom. When I did I knocked over a bottle of nail polish remover and it left a stain on the bathroom floor. It isn't a ceramic floor or a vinyl floor. Just a regular tile floor.

I have tried everything to get it off. Javex, oxy clean included. Could you give me a suggestion as to what I could do to to bring up the stain? Thank you I would very much appreciate it.

Lori from Oshawa, Ontario

I assume you mean the tile is a ceramic tile like most bathrooms. If so, why not try a nail polish remover; preferably one with acetone, which is the base chemical in nail polish. It won't harm tile although you may have to work a little to get it out of the grout, but it should take care of it. Good luck.

She said she spilled the polish remover. I actually knocked over the clear polish, used polish remover to get off yet, still have a polish remover residue.

I tried re-using the remover just made it more of a residue.

By (Guest Post)

It probably bleached the color out of the tile. Buy a pretty throw rug, I think.