Buy Sale Clothes Year Round

For back to school clothes, I have an extra dresser in my home office, each drawer (or two) with a particular size. I usually "inventory" at least 2 sizes in this dresser, sometimes 3. When I come across a SUPER Clearance Sale, I purchase clothing (clothes, underwear, pajamas) for my son in larger sizes for the following year, usually for cents on the dollar.

When summer/school season arrives, I inventory the clothes and then pick up items that he may require (usually not much, if at all). This method also comes in handy when a quick gift is needed. Brand new clothes, ready to be wrapped!

I've found that I spend less money purchasing brand new, name brand clothes than if I went to GoodWill and purchased second hand. I save anywhere from 60%-90% on my son's clothes every year by utilizing this method.

By Denise from Upstate NY

Another advantage to buying new over used, is that the new doesn't wear out as quickly. No matter how good a used garment looks, there is bound to be some place on it that has more wear, that is un-noticable to the naked eye. I also don't have the patience to go digging in thrift stores.

Plus your son gets to wear new clothes which I think is important to kids when they start the new school year.

I have to agree with you Denise. It takes some looking but usually you can find some terrific buys at the end of the season.

I do the same with baby clothes to use for showers, because I hate paying full price for gifts. So I can afford to give like 10 outfits for $25. Just went to kohls and bought a bunch of clearance items for the insane price of $2.80 a piece!