Drying Fruit in a Slow Cooker?

Does anyone have directions for drying fruit in the slow cooker? I've misplaced the directions I had. Thanks.

Christine from Halifax, NS

Do you mean slow cooker? I googled "drying fruit in slow cooker" and came up with nothing. I thought you had to have some moisture in a slow cooker or the food would burn and stick to the bottom. Microwave, perhaps? Dehydrating food is interesting. Please clarify for us.

By Christine (Guest Post)

Yes, I had seen a recipe but could not print it til now and can't find it now. I have dried apples accidentally in the slow cooker. LOL

I tried it. You have to cook it on low with the lid ajar to let moisture escape. It takes about 4 hours and you have to either turn them about every 30 minutes or rig up some type of rack.

It's really not very cost effective since you really can't get that many in there. Too bad!

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitDecember 3, 2008
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83389798.tip.html

FruitRecipes