DogsPets

Bronte (Stray Dog)

Category Dogs

"Bronte", seen on the rock was named after Emily, the writer. She was a stray here on the Navajo reservation who like many animals here was horribly ignored and left to die by the reservation's residents. I took her in where she received the love and care she so deserved and for 3 years she was our companion until she was stolen from our yard and never seen again.

By Ursula from Navajo Reservation, AZ

Bronte - Stray Bronte - Stray

It's so sad that Bronte was taken from you. It's hard to understand why some people do the things they do. Beautiful dog. I would be heart broken if someone took one of my 4 dogs. I wish you well.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

OMG! That makes me want to cry! I would be useless if someone took one of my 3 dogs.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Gorgeous dog. I am sorry for your loss. Sad to think someone would steal a dog. It was so kind of you to take Bronte in give him a home and I am sure he

misses you too.

I love the rock photo and the blue sky it was so pretty and Bronte is handsome.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Anonymous

what a beautiful photo! I am saddened by your loss and I do hope where ever Bronte is, he's being well cared for.

My newest family member is Maggie who lived behind an abandoned gas station with several other dogs until she was rescued by the lady I adopted her from. Maggie is half Aussie and half Sheltie and she is the sweetest little girl. She is shy, timid and is afraid of men and although she likes me, sometimes she will stay at arm's length from me. I have trained her to sit and lay down in the short time she's been with us. Her hair is as soft as a bunny and her little face is so sweet.

I hope you find Bronte and if you don't, perhaps another lost soul will find it's way to you.

Take care

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I am Bronte's Person...Please note, Bronte was a female. I have to add that I have recently found, years later, that she was "stolen" from our property and turned over to animal control by the Native American neighbors who dislike us, because we are "white". They decided that this was a way to get rid of us, if they had our dog taken from us and destroyed. This is the way many people do things here. I have seen these people kick and run over kittens and puppies just so they do not have to take care of them. It sickens me and no matter how much I complain it is to deaf ears! I keep to myself for just this reason. I have no room in my life for such a hateful place with such hateful persons as these. I just want to thank all of you for your heartfelt comments and wish you all and your companions the love you so deserve. Keep each other safe! And again, Please note, Bronte, named after Emily Bronte, the writer was a Female, not a male....a BEAUTIFUL FEMALE creature of this Earth.

Thank you all,

Ursula

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Help. If we really want to make a lifelong difference on the way animals are treated we all must start with the children. Talk with your local humane society, county animal control, rescue group or SPCA about going into the class rooms for special show & tell. They have special programs designed for this purpose. The children will have information to share with their family. Everyone will get handouts to take home. It does work I know from experience.

Do not be too harsh on the shelters forced to put down all the 'throw away' animals because there are those who still refuse to neuter their 'best friend."

Reply Like this photo? Yes