Roasted Chicken With Cracker Crumbs and Stock for Sandwiches

My mother used to do chicken sandwiches from scratch. She would clean and cook the whole chicken in a roaster. I know she added cracker crumbs and chicken stock, but I am not sure what else she added.

She would cook the chicken for several hours, remove the meat and skin from the bone, remove the bone. After shredding the meat she put the meat back in with the ingredients. Does anyone have a recipe that is similar to this. It is the extra seasoning and ingredients I am not sure of.
Thanks for any help.
Ginger

By Ginger from OH

I use a box of Stove Top stuffing and chicken broth. It gives it just the right amount of seasoning. If it's too thick, add more stock. I have also used the heels of bread I keep in the freezer and poultry seasoning and salt to taste but I prefer Stove Top.

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches ChickenOctober 12, 2010
😎
🐛
🌻
📓