Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipes

Category Chicken
There are a number of delicious ways to season shredded chicken for sandwiches. This page contains shredded chicken sandwich recipes.

I am wondering if someone could please help me find a shredded chicken sandwich recipe. The one I'm looking for I've always had at church get togethers. It's always kept warm in big cookers, like a crock-pot. I am not sure if it's cooked in the cooker or not. It would be great if it's a recipe for a slow cooker. Thanks for any help. I love this site.

By Cindy from OH

Answers

Try this website:

http://www.food.com

Ingredients
1 (3 pound) chicken - cooked, deboned and shredded
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 (16 ounce) package buttery round crackers, crushed
12 hamburger buns
Directions
1.In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine shredded chicken, condensed soup, poultry seasoning and crushed crackers. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve on buns.

Does anyone have a good shredded chicken sandwich recipe?

By stephanie from OH

Answers:

Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

My husband makes the best chicken salad. He adds grapes, walnuts, and mayo, a little mustard, and salt and pepper to the chicken. (09/17/2009)

By Karen Lawson

Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

Oh my gosh, it's been over a year since I've been here, and it's great to be back! My husband got the following recipe for shredded chicken sandwiches from a co-worker a few years ago. He was looking for sandwiches that taste like the ones Dairy Queen used to sell, and to him, this recipe does the trick.

• 1 50-oz. can canned chicken
  • 1 box Stove Top stuffing, (cornbread or chicken flavor)
  • one can cream of chicken soup (low-fat is fine)
  • enough chicken broth to moisten the mix

Combine the first three ingredients in a crock pot, then add chicken broth til moistened. Cook on high for one-one and one-half hours or on low for 2-3 hours.

I realized I made an error of sorts when I originally posted this. I do use a 50-oz. can of chicken, but I end up adding more broth. The first time I made it, the recipe called for 32-42 oz. shredded chicken. Sorry, folks. (09/20/2009)

By terry

I need a shredded chicken sandwich recipe. One that uses canned chicken and that is

Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

I have not used canned chicken, however I use precooked whole chickens that you buy at Sam's or Costco. I shred them add BBQ sauce and some chopped onions, heat them and serve them on onion rolls. They are always a big hit at any party. (12/17/2007)

By Lori

Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

I make my shredded chicken from a can of Keystone chicken that you can get at Walmart. I add stuffing mix (Stovetop is good) and cream of chicken soup. It's delicious.
Good luck. (12/17/2007)

By KathyT.

Recipe for Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

Cook slowly until consistency for sandwiches or
you can thin it with water and serve over biscuits. (12/22/2007)

By Joe from Sycamore, OH