Why Would the Yolk of a Freshly Laid Egg Taste Bad?

Why would a freshly laid chicken egg taste so nasty? The white part was fine, but the yoke was absolutely disgusting. It was like nothing I've ever tasted. They are free range chickens. I also feed them scratch grains mixed with chicken feed. I'm wondering if they could be gorging on stinkbugs of something. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

By Juliet from Hagerstown, MD

Anonymous
Best Answer

There is a question like yours and an answer at this site. Scroll to about the middle of the page.
www.raisingchickensforeggs.com/.../frequently-asked-questions-about...

Thanks, Fortunately. I thought it had to be something like that. I haven't changed their food, but they have free range of the farm so lord knows what they've been snacking on. I guess the only way to find out is to spend the weekend sneaking up on chickens. I think they could be eating the goat's feed or their mineral blocks.

I bought some free range eggs and was going to make a banana cream pie. The custard smelled so bad that I threw it out. I think it just tastes that way.

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsNovember 17, 2010
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83592840.tip.html