Treating Sunburn and Windburn?

How can I help take the sting out? I can't even sleep it's so bad. What can I do? I also have a pretty bad sunburn on my entire face, do you have any ideas on how to help the sting?

I have tried aloe on my windburn and it didn't work.

By Gabrielle A. from Titusville, FL

Best Answer

If you don't mind the smell you can use cider vinegar. You can also brew tea and use the tea bags. These have always worked for me.

Try using sunblock or sunscreen. I was at the beach for 5 hours without protection, and the next day was in pain...was advised to put it on and it helped me a lot. But sorry I don't remember which (block or screen) I used.

If you have a sun burn the best cure for the pain is to soak in a cold bath. The burn will look bad but the pain will be gone. This should be done as soon after the burn as possible.

Rubbing alcohol can help cool the burn, you can take Tylenol or Advil for the pain. Treat it like any burn, keep it cool with damp cloths. See a doctor to make sure you don't have sun poisoning.

The vinegar works great. You won't smell one it dries. Really takes the sting out.

Take some aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofin, or naproxen. They are anti-inflammatory drugs that are readily available. That will cool the burn.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 29, 2012
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf84082115.tip.html