BakingFood Tips

Mix Pie Ingredients In Ziptop Bag

When mixing apple pie ingredients (apple slices, cinnamon, cloves, and flour), put them into a baggie and shake. This makes sure that the ingredients are well mixed so that when you put them into a crust, there are not spices on the bottom or flour on the top.

Source: My Mom

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

I always stir the flour and spices together in a small bowl until they're mixed thoroughly, then sprinkle the mixture over each layer of apple slices in the pie crust. No need to waste a baggie.

I wish I had read this a few hours earlier today. I just made an apple pie to take to my parents and stiring the apples around in the bowl to mix the sugar and spices was a problem as to getting full coverage. The baggy idea would have worked perfectly and will be sure to do it the next time I bake an apple pie. Thanks for a great idea.