Tomato Sauce Stain on Pink Skirt and Sweater

I need help. I stained my new pink skirt and a matching sweater. I stained them with tomato sauce. Can anyone help me?

- KT

By Ann (Guest Post)

Try DAWN dishwashing liquid. I use it on most of my food stains (I just keep a bottle in the laundry room). Put some on the stain and rub gently and wash as usual.

The important thing with stains is don't put the items through the dryer until the stains are gone.

Oxiclean or an oxygen cleaner works well on tomato stains, as does Dawn, Shout or other stain removers. White vinegar and salt also can remove stains. Hydrogen peroxide is another good stain remover although it can bleach the fabric.

Treat the stains with ONE of these cleaners, let it sit a while, then run through the washer. If there is still a stain, try another. Don't use them all at once because you can set up chemical reactions!

Once you put the items through the dryer though it sets the stains and they can be impossible to remove.

Most stains can be removed with patience and some trial and error.

By Nancy (Guest Post)

Try toothpaste, we used crest whitening, but I think any kind works. If the garment has been put in the dryer then I am not sure if it will work then, but worth a try.

By laura (Guest Post)

try using rubbing alcohol $1.00 or less at the store if that does not work try using peroxide the kind you use for cuts and scrapes also less than a dollar, pour a small amount over the stain let it sit for about 5-10 minutes rub with a soft toothbrush or rub it together wash as you normally would it should come out if not take to a local dry cleaner they may be able to help

By kelly (Guest Post)

Inside tomato sauce is corn syrup that will lock on to your clothes use shout spray, it will go away super fast.

Wash garments and hang outside in the bright sunlight - always works!