LinensOrganizing

Table Linen Storage

contest winner icon

When storing tablecloths and cloth napkins, to keep them from wrinkling or creasing, roll them around a cardboard tube. Next, fasten the ends on tube with rubber bands. Store in a drawer. No creases when you need to use them!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

Anonymous

Don't the rubber bands cause a crease mark?

Good idea to roll them, but rubber bands leave some marks, age badly, get sticky and leave rubber spots on the fabrics. Instead of rubber band, just use strips of fabrics, tear some clean piece of fabrics in 1/2" strips, and tie around, not too tight, loose enough not to leave any marks on the linen.

This is exactly how we store our altar linens at church. We often wrap white tissue paper around them after rolling them, too. Great suggestion, dwedenoja.

Hi Deeli, the rubber bands shouldn"t leave marks if you use rubber bands that are big & not to tight. Seems to work ok for me. dwedenoja

I'm a bit dubious about the rubber bands. They would not only create a groove, but if storage area is warm/hot, they quickly soften and leave residue on one's lovely things. Ribbon (white) is the way to go, or lay them flat in an underbed storage container (preferably with firm bottom). Cay from FL

After re-decorating my dining room area, I cleaned out my buffet cabinet that held my linens. I had accumulated so many tablecloths, runners, napkins, doilies and other linen pieces. My buffet was overflowing! I found a pretty large basket and organized some of the linens in this basket; I tied groups of napkins with pretty ribbon, grouped tablerunners, napkins and tied with a pretty bow. To further decorate the basket I placed a teapot, teacup and a silk flower on top of the linens in a decorative manner.

To store the smaller items, I placed them in decorative baskets with demi-cups and smaller teapots.

These baskets sit near the buffet on the floor. At season changes, holidays, I will change ribbons, teapots, teacups, flowers to reflect the change.

The buffet drawers are filled with the extra linens; the side panels hold candles, candleholders and ceramic pieces I use on my buffet and dining room table.

I keep clothes dryer sheets tucked away in the linen baskets and in the buffet drawers; they are changed about 2 two weeks to keep linens fresh smelling.

I love table linens and the display of them. I use table linens (doilies, napkins, etc.) In other parts of my home. I even have tea towels, decorative napkins at my windows as "curtains"! - Wanjoy