Surprise 25th Birthday Ideas

My husband's 25th birthday is next month and I would like to do something special for him. He has never had a birthday party, even when he was a kid so I would like to give him a surprise birthday party.

My problem is that I have no idea what to do at the party. I would like to have some kind of activities to do. I do not want it to be childish or too old either.

Someone mentioned to me to have it at a restaurant but I would not know how to invite people and expect them to pay their own way (I could not pay for everyone). If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachel from TN

You could hold a small gathering at your home? Look into having some 'in' and fun music on in the background. Set up a small bar with a selection of drinks and cocktails pre made in jugs. The party might seem boring but once he starts chatting to everyone and the drink gets flowing it will have a lovely atmosphere! You could look into getting little canapé selection (I don't know where you live but marks and Spencer's do really good ones!)