Black Biting Bugs

I have had a problem with something biting on my feet and legs in my office off and on for 3 years. We have tried shampooing, pesticides, bug bombs, etc. We now sleep in our living room because they have taken over our room. My hair was down to my butt, now, less than 3 months later my hair is 1/4 inch long.

They are black triangle shaped bugs that bite just my dog and I. My doctor told me there are no bugs and for me to make appointment with mental health. I'm tired of being shrugged off by the medical community. I already have health problems and am getting worse. I need help fast. I live in Colorado. It's not scabies, but they are like mites and horribly itchy

By SuzieS.

Try spraying for fleas, but it could also be restless leg syndrome. I would also get another doctor who listens to you.

The are called no seems they don't like Apple cider vinegar and font worry my friends all left after accusing me of being Cray without saying the word crazy

they are called springtail fleas...they are from window sills with moisture and crawl on beds...and they bite!

Anonymous

Some black in the shape of a halo. Some are white--round.The black ones bite.

Anonymous

I knew someone had answer

Anonymous

They are ? What to do how do you know? IVwas outside AC above me 12 feet away?

I looked at the pix's posted and they look like what is falling out of my hair now and then! Plus I've got these little black dots that I can nit comb out (must be eggs?, so small I have to use toothbrush to remove them from terminator nit comb, the best on the market) I tell you this is hell but nothing alive that I can tell it's like they turn into a piece of fuzz or disguse themselves wtf???. They are in everthing I own, clothing etc, yet I cannot see them. Could be my bad eyesight, could be they hang out in the seams of clothing - no amount of laundering gets rid of them they look like black lines very small almost like fuzz under a magnifiying glass but I know better because when I sweat they fall onto me I will see the black skinny tiny but and suddenly I get bit and it really hurts! Plus I have scabs on my scalp and in my ears nose armpits, it's like when I shower they just fall down and hang on to whatever they can. I've found them (felt and seen bites in groin area!! oh GOD!) I tell you, I am going to a dermatologist on my dime (medicare) and will be broke for months catching up but it's my last hope.

I even tried lice place that removes lice for you for a huge amount of money and they said they are NOT lice and they aren't entomologists (assholes) and couldn't help me. No one cares, they think I am crazy and I suffer every minute of every friggin day. Malathon seems to calm them down but the doctors never give me enough of the stuff 2 oz does cover / saturate my hair to the scalp, plus it needs to be done again and again they drs do not get it - these things must be dosed at least 2xs a month- for months perhaps (reinfestation) I truly am on the verge of shaving my head - but then I heard that wont work either, I can believe that since I shaved down below and I still get bitten there = What can we do? I have been feeling so ill since these things got on me that I can barely function, muscle cramps exhaustion and my white blood cell count is super high. They are killing my health of body and mind. All or any more advice is appreciated. And God Bless you.

I had springtail fleas! They are a pain in the a** they got so bad I had to rip out my sheetrock and insulation then sprayed them with a mixture of 91% alcohol and concentrated Clorox bleach and that solved the problem.

They hide in the walls around the windows where there is moisture or water damage take off an outlet cover near a window and get a sample of insulation if you have them you will see little like black pepper sprinkles . Good luck!

GOD you had to go threw all that? I am done for - now I know I will never get rid of these things living in a shelter in a tiny room in an old dirty convent, with mold and dust and water damage everywere. I am beyond help in this place. Guess I better learn to go on doing what I am, and pray I can keep finding drs's that are willing to prescribe malathon correctly (which is not as easy as you think) and nit comb my hair till it's nothing but shreds.

If I had a private bathroom I would just shave it and wear a wig. I am so so done. With my luck it wouldn't help anyway by what I have read.

You have my deepest sympathy!!!! I pray that you find a doctor that will take the time and make the effort to help you. Try a dermatologist? So very sorry - I am going threw the same thing, but I have yet to shave my head. From what you and lot's of others tell it doesnt work anyway. I hope you find the answer, don't stop trying - I despise the medical community as well. If you can catch on send it to an entomologist (bug guy) to try to get it identified, I hear you can do this online. I wish I could catch the bugs on my head but they are so small they crush or burrow and I cant get a whole specimen. But if you can do that - it's your proof to those ahole drs that you are NOT nuts. Bless you.

You have my deepest sympathy!!!! I pray that you find a doctor that will take the time and make the effort to help you. Try a dermatologist? So very sorry - I am going threw the same thing, but I have yet to shave my head. From what you and lot's of others tell it doesnt work anyway. I hope you find the answer, don't stop trying - I despise the medical community as well.

If you can catch on send it to an entomologist (bug guy) to try to get it identified, I hear you can do this online. I wish I could catch the bugs on my head but they are so small they crush or burrow and I cant get a whole specimen. But if you can do that - it's your proof to those ahole drs that you are NOT nuts. Bless you.