BeveragesCopycat

Making a Sonic Java Chiller

How do you make a java chiller?

By Edward 13 from El Paso, TX

I don't know what a Sonic Java Cooler is, as we don't have a Sonic, here in the wilderness. Starbucks are far and few between, as well, but we do have Dunkin Donuts!

I make a diesel strength coffee with my espresso machine. I pour this over a 32 ounce cup filled with ice cubes, add 2 pkgs of Splenda, 2 ounces of creamer (I love the Vanilla Caramel) and 2 ounces of Half and Half. Stir and sip through a straw! I go through the drive-in window at Mickey D's a few times in the spring and get their large iced coffee. I keep and reuse the plastic containers and lids throughout the summer!

I you want something like a DD frozen coffee drink, (can't remember the name, off hand) use cold espresso, and the same amount of ice, sweetner and creamers. Pop it in a blender and blend until the ice is pulverized! Top with whipped cream and a drizzzle of carmel ice cream syrup and enjoy!

I dearly love the Java chillers, We live 1 block from a Sonic! To make: I fill my blender with vanilla ice cream then add very strong coffee and blend well. Pour into tall glass and top with whipped topping and drizel with chocolate syrup. That makes a Mocha Java Chiller in a pinch!