Making a Birthday Hair Clip
July 22, 2011
Make this festive balloons-n-ribbon birthday hair clip!
Approximate Time: 30 minutes or less
- 1 flat hair clip
- about 13 inches of ribbon
- at least 5 water balloons (10 maximum perhaps)
- 1 quarter-sized felt or foam circle
- hot glue gun or strong craft glue
- a lighter to seal ribbon ends
- Lay a 3-inch piece of ribbon (with ends sealed, after cutting, with the lighter very briefly) on your work surface. Put 5 to more water balloons (perpendicular) across the center of the ribbon. Tie and double knot the ribbon around the water balloons.
- Cut 3 equal pieces of ribbon, each about 2.5 inches long. Lay the three across one another, hot-gluing at the center between each layer.
- Dab a dot of hot glue on the center of the foam or felt circle (or other shape that is about the size of a quarter, my piece of foam was flower-shaped). Hot glue to the appropriate rounded end of the hair clip. Then glue the 3 glued layers of ribbon on the other side of the foam/felt shape.
- Take the ribbon-tied balloons and hot glue knot-side-down on the center of the ribbons.
- Let dry. Gift wrap or give to the birthday girl!
By Erin813 from Seffner, FL
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.