Making a Felt Heart Hair Clip
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
January 19, 2020
Transform a basic hair clip into a pretty hair ornament using just felt and thread. You can make your hair clip as plain or as fancy as you like.
- 1 snap hairclip
- red felt
- contrasting embroidery thread
- embroidery needle
- scrap paper
- Fold the scrap paper and draw half a heart at the fold. Use the hairclip to guage the size of the heart.
- Cut out the heart.
- Check that the clip fits inside the heart with space to spare.
- Draw around the heart on the felt.
- Cut out the felt heart.
- Cut out another heart to match.
- Place the clip in the middle of one of the hearts and make marks either side with the pen to show where you will need to insert the clip.
- Make a little snip between the marks.
- Open out the clip and insert it in the hole.
- Snap the clip shut.
- Place the other heart on top.
- Sew the hearts together with the embroidery thread.
- I used a double running stitch, but you can use any stitch you like.
- If you want to make a matching pair, don't forget the have the clip facing the opposite way on the second heart.
Now you have learned to make this, you can be more adventurous and try different shapes and different or more intricate stitches.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.