December 8, 20093 found this helpful
Crocheted and decorated holiday hair bow, or a wall hanging!
Approximate Time: 2.5 hours
- crochet thread, any color but I used a softer ecru
- hook size "E"
- gold leaf
- fake holly berries, I used gold and burgundy
- cream colored lace and ribbon
- barrette or clip
- hot glue gun
- With double strand, chain 100 and join for a loop.
- Chain 2 and make a double crochet in each of the next 99 chains, join.
- For the next 7 rows, make two double crochets and chain two skipping two of the previous row.
- For the final row, you repeat the first row, one double crochet in each stitch.
- Join, break off.
- For the center strap, crochet 6 and make a single crochet in each row till the length is 4 inches. Break off and leave a small tail you can tuck in.
- Wrap that around the center of the bigger work, and either whip stitch it closed or hot glue.
- This is what you will use to put your embellishments on.
- Before the pretties are put on, glue the back to the barrette. You can slip that through the small loop and hot glue that to the underside of it.
- On that, you hot glue the leaves first. Then, make a lace bow and do that between the leaves.
- By placing the berries in this reverse triangle arrangement, you can not repeat the pattern so no two are by the same ones.
- Put your ribbon in between the two rows of the berries.
OPTIONS: If you like a more country look, your local dollar tree has a wonderful selection of country plaids, wire ribbon, and more.
Any color combination can be used, so don't be afraid to experiment!
By Sandra Allen from Yorktown, VA
December 14, 20090 found this helpful
This is so pretty!