Crocheted and decorated holiday hair bow, or a wall hanging!
Approximate Time: 2.5 hours
- crochet thread, any color but I used a softer ecru
- hook size "E"
- gold leaf
- fake holly berries, I used gold and burgundy
- cream colored lace and ribbon
- barrette or clip
- hot glue gun
- With double strand, chain 100 and join for a loop.
- Chain 2 and make a double crochet in each of the next 99 chains, join.
- For the next 7 rows, make two double crochets and chain two skipping two of the previous row.
- For the final row, you repeat the first row, one double crochet in each stitch.
- Join, break off.
- For the center strap, crochet 6 and make a single crochet in each row till the length is 4 inches. Break off and leave a small tail you can tuck in.
- Wrap that around the center of the bigger work, and either whip stitch it closed or hot glue.
- This is what you will use to put your embellishments on.
- Before the pretties are put on, glue the back to the barrette. You can slip that through the small loop and hot glue that to the underside of it.
- On that, you hot glue the leaves first. Then, make a lace bow and do that between the leaves.
- By placing the berries in this reverse triangle arrangement, you can not repeat the pattern so no two are by the same ones.
- Put your ribbon in between the two rows of the berries.
OPTIONS: If you like a more country look, your local dollar tree has a wonderful selection of country plaids, wire ribbon, and more.
Any color combination can be used, so don't be afraid to experiment!
By Sandra Allen from Yorktown, VA
CommentsRead More Comments