Creating a Pearlescent Wall Finish?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

I would like to know if there is a way to add some pearlescence or shimmer to paint, without doing a real faux finish. I just want something I can roll on over a base coat. I am really not into the faux, but I really want to have a little sparkle or mother of pearl effect. I have seen some things that Lowe's sells, but they seem complicated. For now I need simple. Thanks so much.

By connie from AR

I used Pearl Finish from Home Depo on my counter tops.

Thanks for the info did you roll it on or did you use a paint brush? I am not real good with faux finish they never turn out when I do it. Thanks for the feedback. Connie

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 407 Feedbacks

I have used the Pearl glaze ragged over white to give the walls a shimmer. If you don't want to rag, you could try mixing it with your paint and doing a sample. I keep a scrap of sheetrock about 2' x 3' to practice ideas on.

If that is not availble to you, I would just test it out on a small portion of the wall before doing the whole room.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 13, 2009
🎆
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf86860138.tip.html