WildlifePhotos

Wildlife: Unknown Bug

This bug decided to hitch a ride with me, I don't know how long it was there before it was brought to my attention, could it be some type of grasshopper.

By Gail from England

May simply be my computer but I do not see a picture with your post.

Editor's Note: Oops, sorry about that, there was a glitch. The photo should show now.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Not a grasshopper, I couldn't find a picture of it in my bug book but it looks like a borer or sawyer beetle to me. I could be wrong, though. there are thousands of beetles in the world. borers and sawyers are plant attackers, it was probably disoriented and settled on you.

try GoogleImaging it-something like green beetle, or whatever was special that you noticed about it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My grandmother called them blister bugs. She said if it got on you it would blister the skin where it touched.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Check out "whatsthatbug.com They have photos and if you can't find yours you can post your own and they will tell you what it is. cinnamon

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That looks similar to what we call cricket moles in NW Louisiana. They live under the dirt, and crawl more than hop. I don't know how to control them, or even what use they serve!

Reply Like this photo? Yes