ChildrenGifts

Real Appliances for the Kids

Category Children

One Christmas, when my niece asked Santa Claus for vacuum cleaner, Santa brought her a small, but real vacuum cleaner, instead of a play one that wouldn't pick up anything. Another Christmas, the same niece requested from Santa Claus, a waffle iron, so she could "help make breakfast", Santa brought her a small but real waffle iron.

Both appliances are only used under parental supervision. My sister's reasoning was, "if she wants to help out, why not let her". This lead to more waffles being put in the freezer for use at a later date and my sis not having to vacuum as often. Sis said she didn't really spend that much money extra on the real appliances for my niece, as toy appliances are almost the same cost.

By Terri

Oh please tell me where she found a real vaccum child size for her or what type did she get. My grandson picks up a rag and dust when we do. If we sweep he wants his broom too. I bought one at the hardware but could not find the small red brooms that you buy for children. This one was a little bigger pole but my son cut it down to size for him. Thank you for info that you can give me on this.

Tonya

I'd be interested in knowing where to get these kid-sized real appliances too!

Sorry to just be getting back to you on this. I don't know what brand name of waffle iron my sister bought for my niece, but the vacuum, if I remember correctly was a small upright 'DustDevil'.

By shauna (Guest Post)

yes try the dyson kid vaccum cleaner that is what i am purchasing now