Painting Glass Vases

I need glass vase painting tips and templates.

Tami from Yakima, Wa

First, use glass paint from craft store. Michael's always has 40% coupons & I evenutally got the colors I needed. This works on glass that needs to be washed. It cleans up like acrylics, doen't ruin your brushes.

It's been a few years since I made stencils, but I think I got the "transparent" soft plastic sticky backed sheeting from Michael's. It's made by Kittrich and I think it's called "Magic Cover". If you have a photo of what you want to paint, you put this plastic over it & draw your design to be cut out with a craft knife. I made 3 sizes of lady bugs that were from small stickers & I went to Office Depot & had them enlarged from 1/2 inch to 4 inches. Put the plastic over, drew, cut & then stuck this sticky backed stencil to glass pots, did same with hearts on wine glasses. Best stuff for a curved surface.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. Good luck. EK

Thank you for the feedback. I have a problem with the paint running and peeling off when I remove the sticky stencil. Any ideas on this one?

If you have pictures from magazines or from the internet that are not very complicated, you can tape them to the inside of the vase instead of using stencils or templates. You can even draw the outline of flowers and vines on paper and tape that to the inside of the vase, use a fine paint brush to paint the outline then fill in and shade as desired.

I am wanting to paint glass ornaments and need to know where to start? What kind of paint is best to use? Do I need to put some type of finish to seal the paint? I will take any suggestions or guidance. Is there a web site I can visit?

Help,I have to paint a 100 glasses with the peace sign on wine glovets, I tried putting the design inside the glass, drawing it over the glass,and tried to make sticky stencils, I´m getting frustrated the client wants them perfect even, on colors that does not come out in the dishwasher or microwave, the bad part is I can´t get them even, because with the stencil I made. It can´t get perfectly attached to the glass ,too round and the paper is too plain, then the painting gets inside the lines,and it´s a mess. Please help!

I've done a lot of painting on glass and one the best places for a beginner is Donna Dewberry. She is a self taught artist who is credited for her techniques on double loading you brush to combine colors on all types of surfaces. There are a ton of her glass painting. Videos o line. She can tea h you to make the most beautiful glass painting possible. It's amazing how easy it is learning how to create amazing artwork that would seem impossible to even some of the best artists much less a beginner lol. She carries her own line of paints brushes everything you need to get started. I've used alot of great paints that make beautiful art on glass wood canvas and yes even walls lol. Check out her vidson YouTube and on her website. I promise you won't be disappointed and you will learn so much in short order! Most of all jump in with both feet and have A blast!!!! Happy painting y'all!

God Bless, Rhonda