Reuse Plastic Yogurt Cups

I have started using empty yogurt cups for scoops. In the past, I had used everything from big spoons, child-size cups, and store bought ones. After they are empty, wash and dry them and use for pet food, flour, sugar, coffee - anything you need a scoop.

I have also used them for specific portions for desserts like pudding, applesauce, etc. Beats throwing them away. Oh, and you could use for starter pots for seeds!

By Mrs. Flowerpot from Shelbyville, IN

Great idea. I am a Yogurt lover, especially Stonyfield Chocolate Underground. Yummy.

I have been using yogurt cups for starter pot for years. A great way to recycle, and they can be used a number of times before they are done. Just be sure to punch a few holes in the bottom for drainage before using.

Great idea just read the specifics. One recent container I had said "not for reuse of food". You don't need 'extra' unknown ingredients in your foods (lol).

A wonderful idea! I also used to save the little plastic scoops which came with powdered drink mixes. I don't buy those any more since my boys grew up. I have one in my coffee canister which I've had for at least 20 years. One scoop is perfect for 4 cups in my percolator. I'll start saving my yogurt boxes now... Thanks!

Anonymous

Excellent ideas! I have a Yoplait every night before going to bed and would far rather find a use for some of the containers before recycling and Yoplait containers are recycle #5 so are completely safe for food reuse. :-)

You just gave me another idea! Why not decorate the containers and use as small flower vases for each place setting when having company?