AdviceFrugal Living

Meet Family in the Middle

Yesterday was a fine day. My kids drove south for 20 minutes and we drove north for 20 minutes. We all met at a car show. Perfect weather to wander around and look at over 1000 various cars. Meeting at a place like that saved us all driving time and gas money. I was thrilled to spend the day with my husband and kids. I will have find more free events in the same area for future outings.

Rural Angel from Kent County, Delaware

this online tool allows you to determine where 1/2 way is between point A & point B
www.mezzoman.com/
there is another similar tool I was looking for when I found this one & will post it as soon as I can

here's the one i was looking for :: www.happymedian.com/

We do this my brother and his wife all the time. Only the ride for each of us is 2 hours! But, it means seeing each other a lot more often since a 2 hour ride is manageable, but a 4 hour ride usually means making arrangement to spend the weekend.

Try open houses - a lot are free during the holidays. My youngest daughter's mother in law raised 7 kids - they looked for business that were giving out free popcorn and stuff - doesn't hurt to go look around, get free food and catch up on all the latest gossip with the rest of the family.