JewelryCrafts

Make Your Own Guitar Pick Earrings

My daughter wanted some neat earrings she had seen at the mall, but they were pricey. She decided she would make her own. She took two guitar picks and heated a sewing needle to poke a hole in the tops of the picks. She then inserted jump rings and ear wires to make her earrings. They turned out really cute. A necklace to match could also be crafted.

Some people have made jewelry out of hotel room keys. I've never made any, but I think you could cut them into various shapes and make earrings in the same way mentioned above. I've also seen old credit cards cut up and crafted into these items. You can choose to decoupage a photo or design onto the plastic. If earrings are out, then you could craft a necklace or bracelet out of this plastic material. If you need a larger hole poked in the plastic, a heated nail works as well for this purpose. Just hold it with some pliers so as not to get a burn.

Note: Old credit cards are useful for fridge magnets. I use them for the stiff backing for my cross-stitched fridge magnets. Glue the cross-stitched design on the card, allow to dry and attach a magnet with tacky glue. When I get "junk mail credit card offers" I have plenty of these cards.

Source: My daughter

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

This is a real cute idea. Thanks for sharing it. : D