MakingClothing

I Made a "Clown" Shirt from Leftover Fabrics

Category Making

My kids are grown, in fact, I am a greatgrandmother. When my kids were school age and younger, I made a lot of their clothes. Some leftovers went into quilts. But once I made shirts for the three boys, bought same type of material in different colors. Had lots leftover so I decided to make myself a blouse, The back was white, the front was light blue on one side and dark blue on the other, the yokes, were red and yellow, the sleeves were green, and the collar was brown.

I called it my clown shirt. I could wear it with anything. I wore it till I actually wore the collar off of it. I loved that shirt.

By Linda L from Bloomington, Illinois