Product Review: Foodsaver V1205

Don't buy the Foodsaver v1205. It worked for a couple of months then quit! I will never buy another Foodsaver product.

D. from Mason City, IA

Can you return it to where you bought it? Or check the manual to see if they warranty their products.

I'm with you all the way about the Foodsaver.we now own 4. Yes, that's right. Four, they work for a few months and then quit. It's either, they won't seal,or they WON'T take the air out. They're a waste of money! No there's no warranty but for $50.00 the company will fix them for you, and they'll only last a short time.

We purchased one recently that looks like a blue and white gun and the bags have a blue seal on the top, it works pretty good but you can't use the bags over again. One time is it. I like to wash my bags and reuse them and save money but so far I have a ton of bags from the foodsaver and no way to use them. I use to suck the air out with a straw and since I've spent so much on foodsavers. I've done the smart thing and gone back to my trusty straw and it works just great.

I agree with you. I'm on my second -- shame on me -- and it doesn't work correctly most of the time. My first one was just out of warranty and this time I figured it just wasn't worth the "effort" to try to talk to the company. Like you I'll never buy another FoodSaver product! thanks for letting me vent!

I bought one years ago, one of the first they made. It lasted for decades, was used regularly, and only had to be fixed once. I liked it so much that I bought a second one about 3 years ago. I use it all the time and have never had a problem with it. My first one still works, but the new ones can be used for wet items, which I really like. I garden and freeze regularly, buy everything in bulk and repackage, and seal all prepackaged things (like cake mixes, etc), since we live in the south and had problems with bugs. My point is, mine gets used A LOT. Personally, I never realized so many had problems with theirs. My experiences have been pleasant. I'm not sure of my model number...

Seems like they half way work up until the warranty then it's nothing but a big hassel. Never seem to seal properly or suck out the air that needs to be! Very fustrating when you spend money for something that doesn't do what you expect. I garden plus my husband hunts and also fishes, so if anyone has a suggestion on other machines beside FOODSAVER, that actually works--I'd really appreciate the input!

I bought a tilia game saver turbo plus for 279.00 a plastic part where the vacuum lines connect broke I contacted the company. They wouldn't sell me a $1.00 part they want me to buy a new machine don't by foodsaver products.