Repairing a Foodsaver

Category Kitchen Tools
A handy kitchen tool that can help to preserve food better when it is working correctly. This guide is about repairing a foodsaver.

I just bought a Foodsaver 5200 and the vacuum part isn't the greatest. I've had one thing out of about 15 bags seal where the contents do not move around and have air in it. Please help.

Answers

This is their troubleshooting page. www.foodsaver.com/.../vacuum-sealers-help-and-how-to-general...

If you just bought it, I would take it back to the store and exchange it.

If this is new then take it back to the store that you bought it, if they give you any trouble then get in touch with the manufacture giving the model number and description.

Vacuum Sealing Troubleshooting: www.foodsaver.com/.../vacuum-sealers-help-and-how-to-general...

If you're still experiencing problems, I would take the machine back for either an exchange, or refund.

Definitely take it back for one that works. I just did that with a mixer that would not go past speed one. Sometimes they are just faulty and it's not you.

If your Foodsaver is new then you should return it just in case it is a "lemon".

you want to either fix it thru troubleshoot but better would be to take it back asap so as to not void whatever warranty is available by DIYing it

Thx. It was a lemon. The replacement is wonderful.

Ha-Ha - then you can now freeze and store your lemonade.
Glad you got a good one because I really love mine and cannot imagine being without it.

I have a Foodsaver Professional II manufactured by Tilia, Inc. As you all know they always break after the 1 year warranty and when you call them there are no parts, or service, the rec told me to throw it away. Why not it only cost $254.00 dollars? I am trying to buy a another one to use for parts. So if you have one or know where I can get one please contact me through this site. Thanks.

By HARVEY from Emporia, VA

Answers

Go online to this web site, they have replacement parts and service. http://www.food  r.com/Index.aspx

You can ask at:
http://www.grou  /group/FoodSaver
Or at:
http://www.grou  iancesAndRecipes

I have the FoodSaver II you need it just gave out on me after 15 years wish it could be fixed all the new ones don't seem to last Do you still need one?

I am looking for parts and repair help for my Food Saver Professional II?

Thanks.

Answers

Here is a website to get parts: https://www.foo  placement-parts/

Here is a YouTube video about troubleshooting:

https://www.you  ch?v=7nBwdwqvthI

The light for full tray is on. The trays are empty and clean. It will not operate at all.

By N. Laird

Answers

You can contact the manufacturer online or the store where purchased for an answer.

When we set up and turn on the machine it does not suck the air out of the bag. It sounds like it is sucking, but bag is not deflating.

By Chris D.

Answers

Does your food saver have the ability to vacuum seal jars? If so make sure the lever is turned to the bag position if it has one.

You can put your finger over the little hole where the tube goes to see if it is trying to draw a vacuum there.

I need the electrical schematics for my Foodsaver Professional II. It worked great for 15 years and all of a sudden I've got 3 blinking LEDS and it doesn't work.

I thank all of you for any help you can give me.

By Greg from CA

Answers

This might be the life time expectancy for this item. Try checking for the availability on ebay and you might find a date to go by in the info, contact the manufacturer. Sometimes fixing things at that age are more expensive than a new one. Sorry.

I can not get the tray light to go out. I cleaned both the upper and lower tray. The light still will not go out.

By Mike M.

Where can I get a gasket for the Food Saver Professional lll?

By Les C from Terrace BC, Canada

The piston broke in my Foodsaver Professional III Sealer. Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

By Monika E.

Can the bottom of a Food Saver model 8000 be opened to re-insert the vacuum hose?

By jw6442 from Henderson, NV