Locust Making Holes in Window Screens?

Small holes appeared in window screens all around the house. They were replaced about a month ago. The holes began appearing again and the culbret was caught in the act! A locust was actually seen cutting away. I have searched the web and can only find where they destroy crops/trees etc. Why window screens and how can this be stopped? Any help will be appreciated.

Mema from NC

i was told to spray my area with soap water to keep away lady bugs. i dont know if it would help with the locust but......you could also try spraying vinegar. i love vineegar it is a miracle in a bottle

Do you have fiberglass screens or metal mesh? I wouldn't think they could chew through the metal. I agree that soap might be a good remedy because they probably wouldn't like the taste.
Susan from ThriftyFun

By Laurie (Guest Post)

From what I understand, the reason this happens is because the morning dew stays on the screens and the locusts drink it.

My screen is under a cover where they are completely dry (no dew) and I still have holes. We had more holes last year when the screen was brand new..this year only one so far.

Last year I was told that it was because of the new smell of the fiberglass, obviously not by the grasshoppers, so I think it's pretty much a guess to why they chew perfectly round holes.

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsAugust 16, 2006
😷
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf87634357.tip.html

InsectsPest Control