Father's Day Photo Gift Bag
Most dads have a hobby. With this in mind and a photo of dad, you can turn any old gift bag into a work of art to use as wrapping for his Father's Day gift.
Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes
- paper gift bag
- photo of dad you can cut up
- free clip art picture from the internet (depicting dad's hobby)
- cellophane tape
- construction paper, letter and number stencils, and a pencil; or you can make your own large letters and numbers by changing the font, letter size and color with your computer and printing on copy paper
- curling ribbon
- tissue paper
- Choose a plain gift bag that will reflect your dad's hobby, such as a blue one for fishing or a green one for golf (sample is black and white checks for auto racing).
- Cut dad's face out of the photo.
- Find a place on your clip art where the face will fit. Then either glue the face onto the clip art or cut out a section of it and tape the face to the back, so it will show through. The sample shows a race car and driver, with the driver's face cut out and dad's face taped to the back.
- Now glue the clip art, with face attached to one side of your bag.
- Add #1 Dad below the photo, by gluing on either construction paper letters and numbers or those computer-driven.
- Tie ribbon around the handles of the bag and insert tissue paper. Your bag is now ready for your special gift.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!