Room Color SchemesDecorating

Paint Color Advice for Chairs in a Black, Brown, Beige and Tan Kitchen

I am wanting to paint my kitchen wood chairs. The kitchen countertops are black, brown, and beige. The floor is light tan tiles. What would be a good color for the chairs?

By holly jo hasselbalch from Tecumseh, NE

Any of the colors mentioned. I would go with enamel black, nice and sharp

I agree, any of the colors you suggested will go with your color scheme. I like dark brown in lieu of black. It makes for a nice saturated color. If you want to really make the chairs stand out and add a bit of color to the space paint them red! Red would really be a nice accent with all of the colors you mentioned. Dark brown or red are my suggestions!

A bright color, anything you like.

You can't go wrong with blues with all that brown and tan. A soft blue, like denim, would be nice. Good luck!

I agree with Cleveland480! I think red would be an excellent choice!

You need red, girl! Not dark red, not light red--just Chinese red, a red red!

Then coordinate potholders, towels, etc. For goodness' sake, not blue. With all the browns, etc., it would be "sad." Cay from FL

I was thinking about your request last night when I couldn't sleep, and want to add something: If red is not your "thing," how about a white? Not an off-white; really white and enamel to reflect light? That would perk up the whole kitchen and I don't think you'd get tired of it as you might with other colors. Another thought is a light-reflecting aqua (turquoise). I can envision that and it's lively without being in-your-face, as red can be. You didn't mention any large applicance colors, so be sure to count them in. Have fun. Cay from FL

I was thinking about your request last night when I couldn't sleep, and want to add something: If red is not your "thing," how about a white? Not an off-white; really white and enamel to reflect light? That would perk up the whole kitchen and I don't think you'd get tired of it as you might with other colors.

Another thought is a light-reflecting aqua (turquoise). I can envision that and it's lively without being in-your-face, as red can be. You didn't mention any large applicance colors, so be sure to count them in. Have fun. Cay from FL