FamilyPhotos

The Child's Lost Picture

Category Family

This picture was made by a studio called Blue Light Studio; this picture was made in 1951-53. The photographer of the studio enlarged the picture to a 16 x 20 and used it as a display on a large easel on the sidewalk in front of their photography studio.

The only picture we had of this picture was a 5" x 7" which was given to my parents for allowing the photo to be displayed.

A few years ago, I contacted the studio that made this photograph. I was told that the original studio had been involved in a fire and all the photographs had been destroyed. This particular 16" x 20" photograph and easel had been in the fire.

The lady I spoke with had worked at the studio and remembered the photo shoot of this child. The lady I spoke to had told me that before the fire that she wished she could find the family of this child in the picture.

The child in this picture was me! I am sad that the original picture was lost in a fire. The original picture was in color. The dress I was wearing was yellow organza made by my mother.

I am so grateful to have the 5 x 7 picture and now I know the story behind it.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Now with all the digital photo tools - you could probably get someone to colorize the picture for you and enlarge it! Wouldn't the dress look nice in light yellow.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

It's sad that the original was lost, but I'm glad that you finally found out the history.

Reply Like this photo? Yes