Easy Light Bulb Removal

To prevent outdoor light bulbs from sticking in the socket, rub a thin coat of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the threads before inserting the bulbs. They will unscrew very easily.

Source: My Mom

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

Wow what a great idea. I have this one light fixture that the lightbulb breaks in the socket everytime I go to change one that has burned out. Thanks so much.

The bulbs in recessed ceiling lights often get stuck and are difficult to get out - sometimes almost impossible. An electrician recommended that I smear a little vaseline/petroleum jelly on the screw-in base of a new bulb when I put it in. This completely fixes the problem and when it's time to replace the bulb, the old one comes out easily!

By Lucy from Oxford, UK

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJanuary 5, 2011
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf88693159.tip.html