Lighting and ElectricHome Improvement

Easy Light Bulb Removal

To prevent outdoor light bulbs from sticking in the socket, rub a thin coat of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the threads before inserting the bulbs. They will unscrew very easily.

Source: My Mom

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

Wow what a great idea. I have this one light fixture that the lightbulb breaks in the socket everytime I go to change one that has burned out. Thanks so much.

The bulbs in recessed ceiling lights often get stuck and are difficult to get out - sometimes almost impossible. An electrician recommended that I smear a little vaseline/petroleum jelly on the screw-in base of a new bulb when I put it in. This completely fixes the problem and when it's time to replace the bulb, the old one comes out easily!

By Lucy from Oxford, UK