BirthdayParties

Ideas For Sponge Bob Themed Party

My son will be 2 on May 5th, which is in a week. Its suppose to be rainy outside. I need some ideas on what to do for an indoor party. His theme is Sponge Bob but I have less then a week to figure things out and I haven't even started. Help. Thanks.

Ashlyn from Marshall, MO

Have a SB cake, a "throw the yellow sponge into a wading pool" game (use a laundry basket if inside the house), sing the SB song and or have a recording of it, do a cake walk with the SB song, decorate SB and Patrick shaped cookies, watch an episode of SB, pin the nose on SB or Patrick, have a parade with toy instruments while the SB music plays. Plates cups, etc are readily available. Make a tent of a SB sheet over a card table. They will love to play in that. Have a puppet show with SB action figures.

For a craft item - you could buy cheap yellow sponges and have the kids decorate them and they could also have a puppet show and such as listed prviously. Then they can take it home. Another Idea with this is maybe have them use waterproof markers or paints and they can take them home and use them in their baths - not sure how long they would last or how sanitary that may be - just a thought!

Get lots of underwater items, plus a couple of pineapples. How about some McDonalds burgers for your guests with a sign saying they are 'Krabby Patties'? Why not do a google search and print some pictures of the characters to stick up? Good luck!

I did SB several years ago, indoors. For decor I used alternate shades of blue crepe paper on the ceiling to mimic "under the sea". Clear balloons for bubbles.