Recipes Using Fresh Tarragon?

0
Share
2
Save
Follow
Print

I just started to grow French tarragon this summer, and I have a big pot full. I only have it in a pot, but it is lovely. Any uses, recipes, ideas? I plan on bringing it in for the winter, like all of my other babies.

Thanks.

By GiGi from Chicago, IL

Lucky you.

Meal 1: Sprinkle on a roasting chicken, and lay sliced lemon on the breast of the chicken.
Meal 2: With leftovers, make a cream sauce, add sauteed mushrooms and chicken pieces and a fresh pinch of chopped tarragon. Serve with steamed rice or...?

Make ranch dressing mix fresh and add some fresh tarragon.

Get a book on French cooking from the library, you will find more there. It's a lovely herb.

One of my favorite ways is very simple. I use it as a filling for an omelet, as a topping on steaks, or just chow down on a bowl of sauteed mushrooms (very low-cal). Use your favorite mushroom - I like portobello, or just plain buttons.

Saute a little onion and garlic in butter with a touch of salt and pepper. When nearly done, throw in the sliced mushrooms and chopped tarragon. Add a little white wine, cook juices and wine down by about half, add a touch more butter and tarragon to finish. Mmmm.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesAugust 15, 2010
🌻
👔
🐛
😎
🎆
Generated 2021-06-01 12:30:55 in 974 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf88876574.tip.html