Plan and Freeze Food for Camping

I plan meals ahead of time for my camping trip, buying any food items I can on sale and freezing meat. I also prepare and freeze some items to save on the amount of ice I'll need to buy and the room needed to put in ice while still keeping the food safe to eat.

By Lisa from Clarksburg, WV

By Amy (Guest Post)

I also freeze meats for the trips and save up cleaned sour cream and cottage cheese containers to freeze water in. They really stretch the bagged ice that we buy. Many times I'll find steak on sale cheap (we have 7 kids and 14 grands) I'll rinse the meat, Ziplock baggie it, cover with our favorite steak sauce and pop in the freezer.

Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping PlanningJune 19, 2007
🌻
📓
🐛
😎