Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Brown Paint from White Jeans

How do I remove brown paint from a pair of white jeans. It is just a small line on the butt. PLEASE HELP ME!

Jennifer from Bennettsville, SC

I've never had luck getting paint out of clothes. Turpentine may do the trick.

By Liz (Guest Post)

One thing you could try is Rit Dye Remover. It is usually in the same rack as Rit dye. It's very powerful stuff - don't get it on anything except the spot itself! I've had good luck with it. It takes all the dye out, so don't use it on things that aren't white!
I'm assuming you tried chlorine bleach already. If not, try it before the dye remover. Good luck!

By Paula (Guest Post)

Not sure if you can find it at you local store, but try Lestoil. You can look on line for it also.

I have had great success removing paint from fabrics using a product called "Flik". Here's a link:

http://www.sani  ts/spotting.html

I bought mine from a drycleaner in Australia but I have since bought some in the States. You will need to use a well-ventilated area and it's best to use gloves. Apply the gel to the stain and work it into the fabric with a wooden stick. It will dissolve and lift the paint. You may need to rinse in warm water and reapply before you remove all the stain. Wash well afterwards and don't dry it till you know the stain is gone. Hope this helps!!