Painting Trim Different colors?

Can you paint trim different colors in different rooms. I have oak trim throughout my house but would like to paint my kitchen trim white should I do that? Our house has an open flow to it so I am worried how I would transition to the kitchen from the natural oak.

By Ken K from Madison, WI

Best Answer

DH is a builder and a designer taught him this rule about paint colors that will help his houses sell: Anywhere you stand you should not be able to see more than two colors. More than one color change is to busy and comes off tacky.

Sure you can, you can do anything. But you may regret it years later. I only painted natural trim in my house in the rooms where it was quite beat up.