ToysCleaning

Removing Crayon from Plastic

How to remove crayon from plastic little tikes tables? I have tried the magic erasers, spray cleaners, but no success. If anyone has a solution I would really appreciate it.

Karen from Nanuet, NY

I used a very dry paste of powdered Ajax & a small drop of water. I used my finger to rub it on the crayon marks, doing a little bit at a time. I tried with a washcloth & Ajax and also a scrubbing pad & Ajax, but just using my finger worked better than those things. You may have to try it a couple of times.

Use an s.o.s pad. Works great. Good as new.

Chemically sensitive and so is my son. Because we are so we use rice vinegar or white vinegar with a sprinkle of salt. It works every time.

I used Goo Gone on my son's desk and it did the trick using very little effort. I bought my bottle of it at K-Mart.

Try GooGone or OOPS. If that doesn't work, scrub gently with baking soda or maybe Bon Ami. I think Ajax might scratch or rough up the plastic.

Learn How To Remove > Household > Crayon
How to Remove Crayon From Carpet and Walls

Crayons are a wonderful tool for little ones to express their creativity, and you'll proudly display their efforts on your refrigerator for years. But accidental artwork on other surfaces around the home are not things you want hanging around.

If you have crayon mashed into the carpet, you can't remove it quite the same way as wax, which is a mistake that many people have made. You should first scrape off all the crayon you can, either with a spoon or dull side of a blade like a butter knife.

A thin piece of cardboard such as part of a cereal box will come in handy. Cut a section and place it behind the clump/spot where the crayon is, then carefully spray the crayon mark with WD-40 oil, making sure to use the "needle nozzle" tube so the oil doesn't get on more than it needs to. Next, take a small, stiff bristle brush and work upwards in the nap, while laying the crayon mark on the cardboard. Wipe with paper towels. Spray on more WD-40, work in some dish detergent with the brush, then wipe off with a damp sponge. Move your cardboard around, so that you're always working against a clean section. If the stain remains, repeat the last oil and soap treatment, then wash the section of carpet with a Shop Vac or other cleaner.

Did someone use the living room wall for their canvas? Just take the same can of WD-40 (a car part lubricant) and spray it on the marks, then wipe off with a soft cloth. Treat again if a stain remains, then wash the wall with warm water and dish detergent.

Went into : Ask.com and got this info.....also try Goo Gone, that should do the trick.

Baby oil and a paper towel. Let oil sit on table a few minutes and wipe off. May have to apply more than once and use a new paper towel.

Just tried to remove crayon marks from little tike's desk. I tried vinegar and baby oil but didn't work much. Tried baking soda and little dabs of water on the marks with my fingers and all came off. I guess it scrubbed it off (kind of an defoliant). Thanks for the info!

My little girl drew with crayon on my matte finish macbook! :{ I tried the WD-40 trick and it worked like a charm! Then use some liquid dish washing detergent to get the WD-40 off.

Anonymous

Thats Good!

I used GooGone on my Little Tikes toy chest and it worked like a charm! Thank you!

I just used a Scotch-Brite Scrub sponge with some soap and water in it and I was able to get the crayon off easily on my child's plastic activity desk and it also has a matted finish on the desk. All the crayon came off easily. I was able to wipe up the crayon-soapy water off the desk and the desk is good as new again.

I was looking through my cleaning supplies trying to figure out what to use...SOS pads work really well, as long as you don't have to worry about a little bit of scratching. Test it out on a spot first. Took less than a minute to get a large area my daughter ever so lovingly drew on! :)

Anonymous

the combination of sos pad n baking soda works so much better than just baking soda on the little tykes plastic dressers. it looks like new again

I bought a ride on toy from a garage sale that had crayon on it. I tried Lysol wipes, Orange Clean, and Bar Keeper's Friend without any luck. But Spic and Span and a scrubby worked wonders, got it all off in less than a minute.

I have tried to remove crayons from my kids plastic table with almost everything, but the best instant results I got with simple baking soda! I made thicker paste with little bit of water and rub with some soft cloth and like magic table is clean! Baking soda rules!

Try Mr Clean Magic Eraser or a generic counterpart. Works like a charm on my daughters plastic desk.

I realize some people have reservations about that product, but here's a snopes link that should put minds at ease http://www.snop  oxins/eraser.asp

If it makes you feel better, wash the surface off after using the eraser.

Yes! After 2 years of using plastic shower caddies in the center of K/1 classroom table pods (for crayons, glue sticks, etc.), and finally just Googling it, Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser did it! They come in a 2 pack and are very inexpensive (such stores such as Target even have a worthy, cheaper version)! Takes a little elbow grease, but does the nice, clean, new year, trick! YAY!

Magic easer fixes all. With just a little water everyting just wipes right off.

I m a volunteer for 1st grade and at the end of the school year the desks are all marked up with every school supply they use. At the end of the year we use non scented shaving cream. We spray some on each kids desk & let them smear it all over, let them play in it for 15 minutes then use warm water to woe it off. Not only does it clean them great but any tape or adhesives peel off easy also.