Storing Frozen Vegetables?

What is the best way to store frozen veggies? Should they be cooked or uncooked? I would like to save them for soups etc.

Bridget from AZ

I usually just freeze them raw. Many people will say blanch them but I've found you don't have to. I pack veggies in plastic bags, push out air, seal well and freeze. Works for me.

By (Guest Post)

I agree, but they will need to be used in 3 months. The reason you blanch them is to break down the enzymes that keep them ripening.

www.pickyourown.org
This site tells you everything you need to know about freezing and canning.
Good Luck.

Green peppers, celery and onions only need to be in bags with the air removed. Everything else should be blanched, cooled and put in bags with air removed.

Things that are not blanched turn odd colors. Frozen foods should keep well six months or more if prepared properly.

A old -old timmer, told me this one. He told me to put raw veggie in a double cheap,paper lunch bag.He said,just fold and freeze. He said the paper, will not let it get freeze burn.I have done everything, but corn on the cob.

What I usually do is wash the veg, then place in plastic freezer bags and cook in the microwave for approx 2 mins on high, my microwave is a 900w. When finished, seal bag and place in iced water to cool then freeze. Easy and no mess.

Hope this helps Anne UK

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJanuary 22, 2009
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf90346128.tip.html

VegetablesFreezing