ShrubsGardening

Garden: Beauty Berry Bush (Callicarpa Americana)

My Beauty Berry Bush (Callicarpa Americana) is in full bloom right now and it is gorgeous. I actually dug a few of these out of the woods about 2 years ago and every year they get bigger and fuller.

The berries are bright purple and very shiny and look like bunches of pearls. The birds love the berries. Once they start eating the berries, I find purple poo-poo all over my sidewalks. LOL

If you have these in your yard, just cut about 5 inches off each branch in the spring and they will produce more and more branches. You can also cut the branches off and put them in a jug of water and they will get roots on them and then you can plant them in the yard. They like part shade, part sun and I NEVER water them or fertilize them.

By Carol L Craig

This plant is beautiful! I live in Florida also and would love to get one. I'm in the metro Orlando area so if you have any info as to where I can get this please e me back - xstchr92 AT aol.com Thank you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes