Aayla

I don't know how old Aayla is, she is from an animal shelter. She is a tortie, otherwise I do not know.

After my old cat, who was at my side for 14 years, died, we went to the animal shelter. We saw a lot of cats, but none spoke to my heart. Then she said: We have a quarantine area, maybe you want to look there?

And there she was, our kitty girl. She was so tiny, sitting in that big cage. We could hold her, and when I did, she gave the softest purr. My heart just jumped, and I knew I was in love.

She loves to tear clothes from the clothes rack, and then install herself on top of the fallen clothes. She also loves to throw stuff over, and she knows exactly where we store her food :)

By Sylver from Netherlands

She's really cute and intelligent! We have a cat, Jared, who looks just like her; he also opens doors to get at food. He'll also throw food off the kitchen counters and share it with the dogs! My daughter who is a vet tech says he is a domestic shorthair.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

She is one smart kitty. How clever to open the door
like that, good picture. Cute cat.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I know what you mean by a kitty by your side. Our Guy was 18 and we had to put him to sleep. What a heartbreak. We, now, have other kitties, but my Lucy goes upstairs and when she is done and wants down, she will rattle the door knob several times. I have heard people say "dumb animals," but I have never been around any. Your kitty is really sweet.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your kitty is so cute! I don't have a cat...but I have a pomeranian named Kitkat!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

thanks for the feedback, everyone :D

our Aayla always follows us to the kitchen, and when we get up, she runs there immediately. I am so happy, that she didn't work out, that she can open the fridge yet, she is heavy enough as it is with all the other food she steals/weasels :)

and cats are definately not dumb, on the contrary, they are sneaky *G*

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Aayla is a beautiful girl, and so smart! Thank you so much for sharing her story with us. I have adopted only rescue kitties and dogs, they are so thankful to have good homes and the love they give us in return is never ending.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Reply Like this photo? Yes