Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Burgundy Drapes

I have burgundy drapes and dark rose carpet. What color should I use for the walls?

Chic from Grapevine, TX

Dear Chic, my friend has a similar colour scheme to yours and has pale green walls, it looks good.

Hi...I am using the same colors in my living room! The manager gave me some paint to use..and I am going to purchase a bottle of tint to darken it a little. Its called Cherokee White, but I am going to darken it to a Taupe or shade darker. I will be doing all the trim in white...I think the constrasts look really nice together...as my sister used to have them in her living room, before Hurricane Katrina decided she did not need a house anymore. They are doing well and we lost all of our 'worldly possesions', but we are all doing good. Takes so long to get back on your feet. I relocated to Dover, De when my son in law got transfered to the Air Force base here...I live 5 minutes from them...great to be close to my daughter and grand kids...and my son in law...he's a great kid! Take care all and God bless..Nancy

eggshell, or cream or off white or Ivory, ecru, light and simple and let the drapes and the carpet stand out with the finishing touches you will put on the walls. It sounds lovely.

Enjoy!

I have the same colors...

I have two dark burgundy love seats in my living room with a light gray recliner.

I have light gray/blue curtains on the windows.

My carpet is dark and light blue design.

All the wood is dark walnut.

I also have light forest green padded chairs in the dinning room and I love it. Try putting together dark burgundy, light gray/blue.

I was always told, that if you have a certain color curtains, say like burgundy, your walls could be a shade of burgundy lighter or colors like white or cream. But your not supposed to have a different color on the walls than your curtains like sage green walls and burgundy curtains won't be nice!

I have burgundy curtains and have been inquiring actually for the last few months. I have found a pretty burgundy color for the walls, it's two shades lighter than the curtains. I have beige carpeting. I have a sage green couches with burgundy paiseleys all over. I inquired about having green walls and realized that won't look nice with the burgundy curtains.

how about dark green or dark gold.

thanks everyone. i decided to get some samples

of sage green, light mauve and taupe color.

also i forgot to mention i have 2- white couches,

a burgundy recliner, tables are wrought iron black

wilth glass top. the boarder around the ceiling are

roses of the shades of mauve and burgundy,taupe.

i'm just tired of bland white on the walls. this has been making me crazy,

Ask yourself how you want the room to function and how do you want to feel when you are in it? Do you want a lively space for entertaining and recreation like games and parties? Then go with a contrast such as the green. Do you want a soft, romantic- feeling space that you can relax and read in? Go momochromatic with pinks and pinky beige. Do you want dark drama and a cozy space in which to watch TV and have meaningful conversations? Paint the walls a similar burgundy or a deep brown. You will never be happy with your color choices if you don't define these issues first.